Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Crazy... She's crazy!

Week 30

Sister Robyn Perez – Brazil Mission

Letter received 08/05/14

Meu Povo!! (MY People)

Ok...so last week and this week sister Mitillo and I were super worried about our companion, Sister Moura. She was super unhappy and a bit annoyed and sometimes mad. We tried everything. I literally prayed to have more patience and love so I could help her be happy. I even talked to Sister Perrotti (mission President’s wife) about her! I mean she drove us nuts, when she refused to participate. We were just stressed! Well today it all came out that she was doing it on purpose. It’s her form of training us to become better independent sisters.....oh my goodness! After she said this I was ready to throw something at her...and so was Sister Mitillo. But in a weird way her craziness worked on us. We learned to get things done no matter what. I learned to pick up the phone and call people (which I hate). I learned to help out Sister Mitillo, in a loving way spend less time in the bathroom. Overall, we learned that no matter how lazy or rebellious our comp is we need to be super obedient and do what we know is right. It was a tough 2 weeks....but I think we, Sister Mitillo and I are better missionaries that we were 2 weeks ago. Im still learning to be more brave, but I have a lot more confidence now. I love Sister Moura now...and this week will be awesome!!

Hopefully, Alex will be getting baptized this Saturday! We are still working with our other families, Mauricia and Josimar. They are now really good friends with Alberto e Ariane. AndMauricia is already doing missionary work and shes not even a member!! She invited one of her friends to her house so we could teach her!! Once she gets baptized she has the potential to be such a strong member! 

On a funnier note, the teacher for the Sunday School class for the teenagers asked me to go in and talk about something super complicated in English.....so I went in and I attempted to talk about how certain foods you eat affect your blood sugar levels...well, I repeated myself so many times because I honestly couldnt remember English. At the end I was like....I cant remember anything and they all laughed. Its much easier for me to speak Portuguese now!!

Here is our chapter for our trio Jacob 7...we live by it now! 


Fiquem Firmes (stand firm)


te amo!


       

                                 

          



No comments:

Post a Comment