Sunday, April 6, 2014

What a week!

Sister Robyn Perez

PO Box 203
St. Michaels, AZ 86511   

Or at   robyn.perez@myldsmail.net>

Received March 31, 2014

Week 12

 

What a week!!!

I seriously don’t have bad days here...there is always something that just makes me happy and makes me love being out on a mission even more!!! 

 

This week was a pretty big week since it was transfers. The Elders in our ward, and us are super close. So Monday we all hung out together. We all played basketball, went to get Chinese for lunch, went to the zoo and then did this awesomely crazy hike up to a crater! After all that they asked for some cookies...so being the sweet sisters that we are we made all 10 elders chocolate chip cookies! I was so exhausted after that day and I couldnt wait to go to bed!! But it was a day well spent before we lost Elder V and Johnson and Nelson. We met the two new Elders in Sister Johnson’s and my district this past Thursday. One is practically finished with his mission...and he's awesome!! Our district already seems like its going to be close! We had lunch together after the zone training! 

 

So, Sister Johnson and I got super close this week. I cant remember what day it was, but we had a really awesome lesson with this inactive mom and daughter. Well, I told them some stuff and I cried, and yeah. Well, Ididn’t realize it, but talking about home made me super home sick...I sorta cried that night. I was trying to be allquiet and not wake up Sister Johnson, but she heard me!!! She came over to my bed and asked if I was ok and of course I couldn’t answer in a non-cryish voice! She lay down next to me and we talked till like 10:30 about funny stuff. I'm glad she did that because it helped a ton!! And yeah, yeah I know I’m not supposed to talk about the sad stuff, but whatever...it was a touching moment and I want to share it!!

 

The last two days this week were really rough....but like I said I looked for the good in each day!! But we literally didn’t have a single lesson!!! And we got dropped...twice....but it was all good because we went to the bishops for dinner and they had Navajo burgers!! And fry bread always makes a bad day better!!! 

 

We had a super cool experience yesterday...and so I'll end with it. So, we went and saw Winona and Michelle, who are active, but have been going through some hard stuff. We didn’t have a lesson planned for them and I was sorta getting nervous because small talk only lasts so long!!!!! But then, I had a thought come into my head and remembered that I had some family history books in my bag. At first I was like, "How am I supposed to make a lesson out of that!?" But hey when the spirit prompts you...you don’t ask questions. So I pulled out the little booklet and started talking about Family history I had no clue where it was going to go...butit ended up being an awesome lesson!!! Michelle said she had been thinking about starting the work for her uncle and other family members and she was wondering how to do stuff...We told her about the lady in the ward who could help her and when the family history center is open. But thats not all....the lesson opened up the flood gates to what she was really dealing with! And so we helped Michelle with those things. Its really awesome when you follow the spirit, because without it we are seriously nothing!! And we helped this family out a ton because we followed the spirit! Ahhhh, it just made me so happy that we were able to find out what was really going on with them and now we can better help them!!!

 

lastly...here is my theme scripture: Ether 12:4--look it up!! 

(note: here it is for those who won’t be able to look it up… “4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, makethan anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.”)

Eu amo voces!!!!! 


       

                                   

        

        

        

        









No comments:

Post a Comment