Monday, December 29, 2014

Feliz Ano Novo!

Well, Merry Late Christmas! I will say that my Christmas call to home was awesome and weird at the same time. I thought "Wow! I actually had a life before my mission and I have a family...what?!" I had to think a lot just to speak in my native language and my favorite part was when I shared the spiritual thought in Portuguese....because I didn’t have to think as hard! Did talking to my family make me trunky (homesick)...NO...only freaked me out a little. But don’t worry, I do love my family...but I love being a missionary...more...for right now...(mom don’t kill me)!
Well, Sister Mitchell left me...and I miss her like crazy! I mean we were pretty much long lost sisters!!
My new comp, Sister Figueredo, has as much time in the mission as I have left (hope that made sense). But she is a cutie! We work well together and work super hard! But the heat we've been having here has been a fun sucker for the work...and it’s not going be leaving anytime soon. But we had our first baptism together last night!! Rodrigo! It was beautiful! And we have Christian, 11y/o, who really wants to be baptized and he will be on the 17 of Jan!! When we asked him why he wanted to be baptized he said "I don’t want to be a kid on the street any more, I want to be a church boy now" You can’t deny that he has a huge desire to be baptized! I just love teaching him!
Sister Figueredo and I decided we are going to be more consecrated missionaries and so our first night together we made goals. Well, we have already seen many milagres and I’m just happy that she is so willing to help me finish off my mission strong. On Jan 1 we are going start this 40 day fast (not a fast fast...like with food) and so for 40 days you give up bad habits and start new more righteous ones! We are ready to leave everything on our altar of sacrifice!
Yesterday, I gave a talk about making spiritual metas, and since I am a missionary, I would like to extend an invitation to you all. This year I would like all of you to make your spiritual goals before any other goal...because this year is your year to really come unto Christ with all that you have. In Alma 34:32 it states,
For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
We prepare when we make goals...we perform when we complete or reach our goals. So here are the goals I would like to invite you to use!
1- Learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by accepting the missionaries in your home.
2- read the Book of Mormon cover to cover.
3- If you are a new member, start preparing to enter the temple.
4- if you are a Young Woman or Young Man, start preparing for a mission!!!!(it’s the best thing in the world)
I’ve never seen so many blessings or been so happy in my life and I know that it is because of this Gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God that testifies of Jesus Christ. It is the most powerful and correct book in the world, and if you read it your desire to do what is right, come unto Christ, will grow. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. And I know that Joseph Smith was the profeta that restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that if we follow the Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, that we will always be in safe territory and that if we stay true till the end we will be able to live with our Heavenly Father once again. This is the message we missionaries bring to the world...this is the message that all the members of the church should share. Stop being shy (members), open your mouth and testify of what you know to be true!
I love each and every one of you guys! Make the best of this new year!
Come muito amor,
Sister Perez
The dress..a gift from sister mitchell

Found a box..and yes I just had to buy a shirt!

The new comp! Sister Figgy


Didn't cry while skyping my parents..so the members made me cry!

The Campinas Temple!



No comments:

Post a Comment