Monday, April 20, 2015

It´s not like I'm dying (mission jargon for "it's almost time to go home")!!!!

So this week was weird. Why? Because I gave my 'last testimony' at the Multi Zona. But it was good and I didn’t even cry! I still have 2 weeks and a whole transfer!
To add to the sadness and ‘trunkiness’ (NOTE: for those of you unfamiliar with mission language, ‘trunky’ is a state of mind many missionaries enter as they get close to the end of their mission; it’s like their ‘trunks’ or suitcases in modern terms are ready to be packed and headed home; missionaries try to avoid this by working harder!) I gave a talk on families! But it really ended up helping me out more than anything. Gave me a lot of hope for my brother Duke. I love the scripture I found in Proverbs 22:6 – (paraphrased) if you teach your kids the gospel...they will always know the way back home. I’m holding Heavenly Father to that. We just need to help them remember and just love them.
Have a good week y'all!
Com amor,
Sister Perez

This place reminds me of Tennessee

And this is what our day normally looks like

Valinhos is so pretty!

Bus stop randomness...

I found the Brazilian Roxy


No comments:

Post a Comment