Monday, April 27, 2015

Wait...whaaaat??..I have a daughter?!?! (just more mission jargon that is not literal!)

Well this week was nothing close to normal!
We had to see the Dr. because Sister Bastos was having a bunch of pain in her stomach...it was nothing serious she just needs to watch what she eats.
Then Thursday night we got a call...And Sister Bastos got ETd (emergency transferred). We had to be in the mission office the next morning. So when we got there, Sister Aquino, Sister Garibay, and Sister McPherson were there. I was thinking, I don’t think I’m going to go back with Garibay or Aquino and I’m pretty sure I’m not going to finish the training of McPherson. Then finally they tell us what is going on. Garibay was going home early because of family matters. Aquino and Bastos are now comps...And Sister Perez and Sister McPherson are now together...Yep, I’m finishing her training and helping her get used to Brasil. Just when I thought the last transfer was gonna be smooth and worry free...I get a daughter (mission terminology for getting a new missionary to train and raise in all things missionary). I’m not going to lie I was a little scared because I don’t even know this area and my body is extremely worn out! Like I’m dead! ha However, the Lord thinks otherwise. I made myself a promise that I wouldn’t speak any English to Sister McPherson and I would just act words out until she got it...ha it’s so, so, so hard! And it takes a lot of patience and prayer. I have to pray every night to have the strength to only speak Portuguese and not give in and speak English. There is a purpose to this and Presidente is a very inspired man.
A little about Sister McPherson...she is a Nephite...because she is from Nephi, Utah! She is a dancer and she loves to watch the Walking Dead!!!!! Oh, and she served in Arizona for a little! And when it comes to learning Portuguese she is a lot like me! Actually, when she first got here in Brasil I talked to her on the phone about 3 times to help her relax and hear how it was for another American.
This morning Bishop Gerard Caussé spoke to the whole mission! He talked about my dad’s favorite topic: BEING BOLD! He talked about how it isn’t our knowledge that will make us bold, but it’s through the Lord and only through Him that we will be bold. And then he said something that just hit me. "It isn’t about consecrating yourself to missionary work, but it’s about being consecrated to the Lord" So, the whole time on my mission I worked to be consecrated to the work and the Lord. And now that the mission is coming to an end, I need to make sure that I am really consecrated to the Lord. Because only that way will I continue being a member missionary! Ah…I wouldn’t give up this time for anything, and if I could, I would start this mission all over again!
Stay true meu povo!
Com amor,
Sister Perez
They got baptized!!!!!!!!!

Ah...its so cute!

Wait...Captain America...in Brazil?!

I just had to get a picture with the bird since I'm a bird and all!

My child and I doing work


No comments:

Post a Comment