Sunday, September 9, 2012

Orientation Week!

I have been so busy this past week, I’m totally worn out!

The game night was a great success! I met so many people, but kinda forgot most of their names! There was a dance along with the games, and well, I felt so white dancing next to the Polynesians! Haha! That’s a first! When I got back to my dorm I finally met my roomie! Her name is Megan, and she lives in Japan, but she is American. She didn’t stay in the dorm so I was all alone that night. Kinda sad, huh?

On Wednesday morning I went on a beautifully rainy run! Once I was all done getting ready I headed to breakfast with my new friend Sariah. Then it was a campus tour, and I still have no clue where anything is! Then we had Student Life and One Stop. We had to get all those things done in order to get our ID. Well, we needed one more thing from One Stop, but the line was so LONG  we decided to got to lunch and come back. That was a not so good idea…One Stop closed at 1! So we had to wait till Thursday to get it! After lunch, Mommy, Daddy, and I went down to Honolulu to get some things from Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club. That night, a group of people I met and I went to the talent show, JUST TO WATCH….or so I thought! 15ish minutes into watching it, they called my name! At first it was just my first name, and I thought ‘Oh someone else has my name, cool!’ Then they said, “Is Robyn Perez here?” I just sat there really shocked while all the people I came with stared at me! ‘Who in the world had signed me up?!’ was running through my mind! I hadn’t really played the uke or sang in forever! So I walked right up to the sign-up desk  and asked who signed me up. To my surprise, but I should’ve guessed, my dad signed me up online! I really didn’t want to perform at all. I had nothing prepared and didn’t practice any! Some girl literally begged me to sing, saying I’d probably be the best, haha. So I made a quick decision and ran back to my Hale, grabbed my uke, ran through Price Tag real fast, and ran back to the talent show. I told them I’d sing and I ended up being the next one to go up! I had no time to really think about what I was doing, but that was probably good! I got up on stage, explained what my dad did, and then just sang. According to people I did really good, but I messed up so much! But I have to thank Daddy for signing me up, because I wouldn’t have signed up on my own! After the talent show, I went to Temple beach with a group. It was so beautiful! There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, you could see all the stars, and the moon reflected on the ocean! Behind me was the temple, and well of course that was breath taking! When I got back to my Hale, I passed out so fast!

Thursday was pretty much a free day. I did get my ID though! After lunch, I went to the beach with a few people. At first it was kind of cold, but after you’re in, it feels great! We stayed there for a long while and we all were exhausted and hungry when we finally decided to walk back! We all got lunch and then headed back to my Hale to watch a movie. Once the movie was done, we got dinner and went to support the women’s volleyball team, and we won! We walked back to our hales and passed out, like usual!

Friday was our official BYUH welcome and the most exhausting day! They served us a light breakfast and then we had our welcome in the McKay auditorium. I left early with a few guys to workout, since we wouldn’t have any other time to do it. It was a good workout, and I'm definitely feeling sore! Then, at 12, we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was so cool! Each Pacific Island had there own area and activity or show. At around 5 we had a big, yummy dinner, and a few clubs either sang or danced. Then, we walked back to the PCC to watch the night show! The night show was so so so cool! I was so tired and had a bit of a hard time keeping my eyes open! However, once the guys spinning fire came out, I was up! There was a party/dance that night but half of the new students were to tired to even go. I got into my room and literally passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow!

I spent all Saturday with my parents, since it was their last day in Hawaii. We went back down to Honolulu, to buy more stuff…mainly socks! I know, how could I forget socks? Well, I did! We stopped at some food place on the side of the road for chicken, and it was really good! Then, we stopped at another truck to get cold coconut juice straight from the coconut! When we finally got to Honolulu, we shopped, and headed back to La’ie. Mom and dad stopped to get some Mexican good Tamales, and I’m still craving them! Finally the dreaded time came to say goodbye… That was so hard! I wasn’t really with them all the time, but I knew they were here. So yeah, I was a bit miserable for the rest of the night, but some good people helped me out by inviting me to do stuff. Once again, I passed out that night.

Sunday. It’s a good day, but I have church at 8 o’clock!! The cafeteria doesn’t even open until 11, so I’m literally starving during church! Over all church was good, lunch was delicious, and my Sunday nap was much needed! When I woke up, I Skyped with Mommy and Daddy! Yay! I wasn't too hungry for dinner, so I just ate fruit. Then we walked over to the   stake center for a fireside from the President of the school. We got a cool coin like thing that has "Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve" on one side and the temple on the other side. Also, the President said something really cool; so the 'A' in Aloha means Atonement, the 'L' means love, the 'O' mean obedience, and the 'ha' means breath of life in Hawaiian. Well I need to get some stuff ready for my first day of classes!! I will definitely tell you guys all about it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment