Monday, March 17, 2014

Like whoa!!

Sister Robyn Perez

PO Box 203
St. Michaels, AZ 86511   

Or at   robyn.perez@myldsmail.net>

Received March 17, 2014

Week 10

 

        


Yeah the wind here gets crazy in March! Like you can barely walk and when you are outside you get dirt in your mouth...eyes...up your noseand it feels like you're getting sand blasted!!! It’s not fun to walk in either and we learned our lesson!

 

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! I'm about to start the last week of my first transfer!!!! Just let that sink in a little!!! 

 

Like always I had another crazy awesome week!!!! It all started when I got to go into town and go shopping at Walmart!!! Seriously...Walmart is the best, especially when you can only go there once a month!! A mission seriously does change you...lol!

 

We also got to meet with the mission President and he thought I had been out for two transfers! Ha, nope just one!! We talked about how I was doing and how I liked my area. The interview was like 5 minutes long. After that I went into the next room and did “How To Begin Teaching” (HTBT) with Sister Batt. I was so nervous, because she was the President's wife and I was about to go through the HTBT with her!!! I took a huge deep breath and started one of the best role plays I've ever done!! She even broke character when I committed her to be baptized!!! HA! Over all it was a good experience. 

 

After talking to President Batt and hearing how much better it is to walk everywhere, Sister Johnson and I decided to do that! So yeah, none of the houses are close in our area and we walked a ton!!! But it was super fun!! And funny thing...all the people we had planned to see canceled on us...but it’s cool; we talked to some hitch hikers!! I also almost got bitten by some crazy dog!! Thankfully Sister Johnson's got my back! We ended up walking back to our trailer and getting the truck because we had an appointment way far and it would've taken us like a day to walk there!!! That appointment was to see my favorite couple, the Chee's! And like always we had an adventure there...Sister Chee's goats had run off up into the canyon and so we had to go hunting for her crazy goats!!! After a lot of off-roading we found them and herded them back to the house.

 

Ok, I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father was trying to teach me a lesson last Saturday. During personal study we got a text from the 1st counselor asking me to play the piano for a funeral...I tried asking Elder Lind who always plays the piano for stuff, but he was sick...so I said I would do it. When we walked over to the church, the other Elders told me the ward pianist was going to be playing! So I dodged that one! Then the Fort Elders had a baptism that night, and I was already speaking at it, and then they called asking if I could play the piano for them! UGH!!! So we rush to the church so I could start practicing the songs. Surprisingly I could play both pretty well, but then Elder Lind walks in and saves the day!!! I'm not sure if it was a good idea that I let him play because...well...he butchered the songs...ha, ha! But at least I still gave the talk on baptism! So lesson learned: I should've listened to my mom and practiced piano more and I should probably start practicing now....Mom...you were always right! 

 

So yeah, things are great here on the rez!!! I'm sorta nervous since this week I find out if I get my visa or not! I love it here and don’t want to leave yet! But Sister Johnson thinks I will be leaving...she's been having dreams about it...ha, ha. Oh, well! I love it here and I love how real the Book of Mormon is to me!!! And its awesome when you can teach everything from the Book oMormon!!! 

 

Te Amo!!!!! 


      


      

                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment